This policy applies to information held about our members and prospective members, those on our mailing list, suppliers, prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom Steyning Arts holds information. By ‘information’, we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we”, “us”, and “our” means Steyning Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org, steyningarts.co.uk and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
Steyning Arts is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the privacy of your data. For the purposes of GDPR legislation, Steyning Arts is the ‘Data Controller’. This policy sets out what personal data is collected from you, or that you provide, and how it is used, and how it is kept secure. Please read it through carefully and if you have any queries get in touch.
What Personal information we collect from you, our members
• your name, your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• only if required, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
• information about you that you give us in person at our events, by filling in forms on our site located at steyningarts.co.uk (our site), in our google drive at email@example.com and in our mailchimp newsletter account (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and information in relation to your purchase of our products or use of our services.
How We Collect Information from you
• your use of the forms on our website; and that we send you by email in google forms
• from telephone or email enquiries we may receive
What we do with the information we gather from you
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, or given to any other person or company without your consent. We use it to;
• provide information about our services to you;
• keep you informed about news and events that we think you may find interesting;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• communicate with you;
• administer our site and for internal operations;
• keep our site safe and secure;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations
• Information may be processed to provide you with information about any news relating to the Steyning Art’s business. There is a section below that states how to withhold your consent.
Click here for this site’s cookies policy
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your Internet browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
How your data is kept safe
Steyning Arts follows generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal information collected, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate. The personal information is retained for no longer than is necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for legitimate legal or business purposes including:
– required by law, contract, or similar obligations applicable to our business operations
– for preserving, resolving, defending, or enforcing legal/contractual rights maintaining adequate and accurate business and financial records.
Steyning Arts does not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes.
Access to personal information
You have a right to request access information held about you. The Owner will respond within 30 days and return your information in an industry-standard format.
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
How long will we keep your information
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.