‘Portrait Artist of the Week’ returns every Sunday
A reminder that Portrait Artist of the Week returns tomorrow – and every Sunday until 13th December 2020 – basically for the duration of Series 7 of Portrait Artist of the Week.
Always wanted to paint a live celebrity sitter like our participants on Portrait Artist of the Year? This is your chance! Every Sunday join thousands of fellow artists around the world for a day of creating. Each week a different celebrity sitter will be beamed live straight into your home.
Sky Arts is now on Freeview so anyone can see the series. Click here to view.
There are some useful info and tips in this blog post https://makingamark.blogspot.com/2020/10/portrait-artist-of-week-returns-every-Sunday.html
Here are the basic from that blog post:
- This live streaming event is accessible by EVERYBODY!
- It doesn’t matter where you live and/or whether you are in lockdown because it’s accessible via Facebook Live Streaming which means you can watch and join in no matter which country you live in.
- Find the Live Stream on Sunday on this link https://www.facebook.com/skytv/live
- The painter will vary every week but is generally somebody who has done well in the Portrait Artist of the Year series
- The Live Stream starts at 10am and finishes at 2pm (UK time) every Sunday – between 18th October – 13th December 2020. In theory 4 hours but less in reality.
- If you want to check what time it is for you elsewhere in the world use the website below to check what time this is in another time zone.
- You can however watch the live stream as a video after the event as well – it’s just not interactive.
- To join the conversation, ask the judges questions or give feedback, comment on the facebook live feed or use #PAOTW
- To show Sky Arts and the Judges your work use #myPAOTW
- If you want to join in post your artwork on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using #myPAOTW.
- The deadline for entries is 2pm on the following Friday
- Check the terms and conditions before posting. You may be fine with them – or you may not like them – but you won’t know if you don’t read them!
- The Judges will then choose which artists work they like the best in the show in the following week.